Terms & Conditions / Frequently Asked Questions
How does the lifetime guarantee work?
MidasGold is committed to providing you with the highest standard of jewellery. We are pleased to offer our customers a lifetime guarantee if your piece is damaged, fades or is defective during normal wear. In the event that we no longer carries the piece you have bought, you will be permitted to exchange your piece for another of equal or lesser value.
How long does it take for shipping?
Orders choosing Standard shipping will be shipped via USPS Priority mailing, which will take approximately 3-6 business days to arrive.
Your tracking number will be sent automatically through a confirmation email. Please allow 24 hours before checking the status of your shipment as the system requires some time to update.
*Please note that all solid gold, diamond, or custom orders are made to order. These orders may take 10-15 business days to process due to each piece being individually made and inspected for quality assurance. They will be shipped via registered delivery and will include full insurance.
Is the Jewelry Made With Real Gold/Silver/Rhodium?
Yes, we only use 14-18k yellow gold, real .925 sterling silver, and genuine white/black rhodium. All of our products are thoroughly tested for quality and durability before, during and after production. We meet all regulations set by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and the Jewelry Vigilance Committee.
What is the Return Policy?
Returns: For jewelry, if you are unsatisfied with your purchase you may return it for a refund or exchange within the first 14 days from the date the product is received. Items must be unworn and in mint condition, we do not require the original packaging to be returned. Please contact us at email@example.com before attempting to request a return.
How do I make a return or exchange?
If you would like to make an exchange or return, please contact Sales@midasgold.com to initiate the return/exchange. We will provide you with an authorization form and return instructions. All orders placed within 14 days of date of delivery are eligible for return/exchange. If the item is returned and upon inspection is deemed worn, you will not be refunded and will be required to pay shipping to have it returned to you. We carefully inspect all returns/exchanges to ensure they are in mint condition.
How should I store/protect my jewelry?
Jewelry should be kept absolutely dry. If your jewelry is not used frequently, keep it stored in the provided dust bag. Good storage boxes are lined with tarnish-proof fabric and have a separate space for each individual piece.
Is your gold plating just like any other company’s?
No, our gold plated products are finished using the same quality specifications as our vermeil jewelry. The process we use is the highest quality plating available. This process allows our gold plated jewelry to last longer than any typical gold plating you may be used to. We are constantly working to improve processes to ensure our products are the longest lasting products available.
What is Vermeil?
Vermeil is a term used to describe a high quality jewelry that must meet the following standards:
1.) The base metal is .925 Sterling Silver (no brass, copper, nickel, or tungsten)
2.) The gold karat must be at least 12K. We utilize 18K and 14K depending on the piece.
3.) The gold must be at least 2.5 microns thick. This is much thicker than electroplating or typical gold dipped jewelry and will outlast typical gold plated items.
All Vermeil items are a 925 sterling silver base, except Franco chains which are made of a stainless steel base due to the chain style.
If I have an additional question that the help/faq page was unable to answer, how can I get help?
If we are unable to answer your question, please visit the contact us tab and provide us with the question and how we can assist you. We will respond to the request within the hour during regular business hours. You may reach out to us directly at Sales@midasgold.com be sure to include your name, order number, and any other important information that will allow us to better serve your request.
- When your device is customised it will be opened up and will void any warranty however a 3 month technical warranty will be given from the date of customisation
- Our warranty is void if any signs of misuse, neglect, accidental damage including water damage or over charging
- Customisation can be reversed at any time for cost of $50
- Allow 5-15 working days for custom rear housing to be ready for installation
- Post and packaging costs will be added if items require delivery and will vary depending on what part of the world items are going
- MidasGold are not responsible for any fees or local taxes. Customs policies vary from country to country.
- MidasGold are not responsible for damaged or lost phones in the post
- Lacquering is used to help preserve the gold plate, condition will be retained if looked after however we are not responsible for any accidental damage, misuse or scratches occurred.
- MidasGold recommend gold plated products be kept in soft sleeve/pocket type cases to help preserve
- MidasGold do not recommend using clip on cases as the might cause damage to lacquer
- A clear coat film is applied to all pure gold/rose gold/ platinum plated products to help prevent scratches, if this is damaged in anyway the customer is liable for any further damages that might occur as a result of re-applying a new one.
- A 7-day warranty is given on the clear coat if it peels off on its own. Any forced removal of the clear coat voids all warranties.
- MidasGold is not affiliated with Apple inc in anyway